Jan 9, 2016

A little bit from December



Has December really come and gone? There's so much excitement, prepping, and anticipation around Christmas and then wham, it's over. I'm so eager to get the decorations out and the tree set up and as soon as Christmas is over, I'm like, let's get rid of the tree, I can't stand it in my house any longer. It had been five years since I spent Christmas with my Mom. Gosh, just the thought of her and I sipping coffee together and watching B open presents Christmas morning made me SO HAPPY.

I miss her. Some days I think about what life would be like if we lived in the same town. Well, maybe not that close, but, a short drive away. We could meet for lunch on a whim, she could have her grandson over for sleepovers, and my husband and I could go on a date night here and there, because, grandmas always want to babysit, right? Those thoughts often run through my mind but they will never be our reality. And truth be known, we are all pretty darn happy with how our lives currently are, but it's nice to have those sentimental thoughts every now and then.

Alex and I took a mini vacation to Innsbruck, Austria and Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany while the little guy stayed back with "Gaga" and "Mo". My mom got a great laugh from the list I printed for her on how to care for Brecken. I'll confess, I have control freak tendencies at times. It had been over a year since Alex and I had an overnight without B and it was so nice to be "off duty" for those 36 hours. We came home to a child who didn't acknowledge our arrival, a clean house, and dinner in the oven. At that, we both agreed we need to hire an au pair if my Mom isn't willing to live in our attic. ;)

This week the house felt empty with our guests back in Florida and Daddy back to work. Brecken has been running around yelling "Gaga, Mo, Daddy!" .. Sorry buddy, it's just Mom here and no one is going to save you from your nap. 

Itinerary 2 days and 1 night 

  • Day 1
    • Depart Stuttgart and Drive to Innsbruck (3 hours and 30 minutes) 
    • Christmas Market in the Altstadt 
    • Roam around the city
    • Lunch in Innsbruck 
    • Drive from Innsbruck to Garmisch (1 hour) 
    • Check-in at hotel 
    • Walk the streets of Garmisch
    • Christmas Market in Garmisch 
    • Dinner at a restaurant downtown
  • Day 2
    • Morning swim at the hotel pool
    • Breakfast at the hotel 
    • Check-out and travel day








6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, thanks for sharing. Helps
    me know Grandma can be special from afar🍷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, Thank you! It's so nice to see that you are following our journey here and reading my posts. Yes, Grandmas are so special no matter how far. The use of technology by streaming a video chat really helps the children see and engage with Grandma's from afar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful! Glad to see you enjoyed your trip in Europe. Although I must confess that I have not made it to Garmish yet. Have any favorite restaurants you can recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy you stopped by to read about our little adventures. You must make a trip down there at some point; the town reminds me of a miniature Breckenridge of sorts. We made the mistake of not making reservations for Zum Wildschutz, a super cozy ambiance with authentic German cuisine. This booked out restaurant on a weeknight proved that we were missing out! We walked to La Baita, an Italian restaurant, and were quite disappointed to be surrounded by fellow Americans and average food.

      Delete
  4. Wow the pictures from your mini vacation are beautiful. I miss European travel, and those are places I didn't get to go so it's cool to at least see them in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thank you for such a nice compliment, it really means a lot! I hope you keep following along to get your European travel fix.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design