Jun 15, 2015

Esslingen ErdbeerFest



Just a short drive away in a town known as Esslingen, we discovered an "ErdbeerFest" or "Strawberry Festival" as it is called in English. For me, a perfect strawberry is fresh, popping with bright red color, sweet, juicy, and can be found in the summertime at a farmers market. This festival was a strawberry lovers dream. A red carpet lined the closed off cobblestone street guiding pedestrians through the various vendors. Live bands played while onlookers swayed to the music, bartenders filled glasses of champagne with fresh strawberries, people waited in lines for mouth watering foods infused with this sweet fruit, and children sat eating the berries with red juice dripping down their faces. The festival made me think of my Nan and the strawberry jam that she makes so well for her family to enjoy.  In my opinion, it easily beats any of the processed jam from the stores. 2 more weeks in this hotel of ours and then I think it's time I get her recipe, buy a large quantity of strawberries, and start cooking in my new kitchen!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design